Participants: Open to members of Women on Course
Purpose: To provide a mentorship connection between those who play golf, and understand the game, with those who are interested in learning golf and perhaps playing more.
Definition of a Golf Mentor: A WOC member embraces the mission of WOC and meets the golf mentor qualifications. She has chosen to provide their time and advice as a service to support newer players in understanding general etiquette and pace of play. Mentor playing ability is not a requirement and may vary. She is not expected to provide golf instruction – we leave that to our PGA and LPGA golf pros.
Golf Mentor Qualifications and Expectations:
- Has played golf for at least 1 year and is well versed in golf etiquette and pace of play
- Plays 9/18 holes four (or more) times annually
- Completed the WOC mentorship onboarding form
- All WOC Golf Mentors are required to pass a certification course by WOC
- Fast Track to the First Tee program
- Zoom conference call with CEO, Tina Fox and/or Founder, Donna Hoffman
- Will participate in 2 WOC golf events per year serving as a WOC Mentor
- Once a Mentor is certified, she will select 2 WOC events during the year to serve as a Mentor.
- Mentees will connect with Mentors at designated WOC events
- The Mentor/Mentee relationship may continue beyond the course (video conference, phone call or in-person).
- Once the mentorship is complete, WOC requests both Mentor and Mentee provide feedback so that WOC may continue to advance and improve this network for the benefit of all participants.